Monthly Archives: October 2009
8:00 – 4:00
- Checked in with John W. So far it looks like the only thing to do next is to arrange the details hierarchy within columns. We’ll meet on Monday to make the changes, since Pat is not in today.
- Going to try and build Visibility2 only using MvnAssist – getting very close. Library projects build in maven, but not Flexbuilder, and applications build (and link to repo SWCs) but the regular controls don’t seem to be available.
7:30 – 2:30
- Need to look into the right-click “print” to see what’s going on
- Write a note to mike about using column data to produce bar charts by value – done
- Change logic so that selecting “No Table Selected” causes a “get Tables” event – done
- Change the title of exported spreadsheets – done
- Lunch meeting
- Deploy new version at S2F
- Finished the initial pass at a trend widget
- Users can selected rows from a query widget to plot versus time such as expenses by month divided by category
- Query data is parsed looking for usable date information, any column that corresponds to a date is given a spot int he timeline
- Finally a line chart is displayed with time along the x-axis and each row as a line series
- Spoke with Phil about some planned improvements on the trend widget
- Deployed the new version and made John happy. A first!
- Had to go back because of permissions problems, then Pat got confused about a table name
- Integrated a few things with the Trend widget so that spreadsheet values can have “$”, “,”, etc.
- After all, trying newly relased (11/2) flexmojos, 3.4.2
- still missing the controls
- flexmojos:flexbuilder not creating complete Flex Project
- missing the core swc’s causing controls now showing up in Design Mode
- bug in flexmojos – not fixed yet….
- manually add Flex SDK swc’s folder using Project Properties->Flex Build Path
- C:Program Files (x86)AdobeFlex Builder 3sdks3.2.0frameworkslibs
- create Java Projects (jar and war) – done
- create Flex Projects (application and library) – done
- add repositories (Flex and Edge) – done
- deploy Java War projects – done
- User Configurable – tomcat:deploy and tomcat:redeploy
- deploy libraries to Edge Repo – done
- User Configurable – deploy
- Set Pom doesn’t load after new pom generation
- swc should be added to the type in dependency
- Ugh. Rain.
- Sent a response back to Mike K, asking him to look at adding thresholds and status displays to the trend widget.
- Testing the fixes from yesterday, then burning a disk
- Roles still isn’t quite right – fixed. The recursive sort was checking to see if there were children first before evaluating if the current node met the conditionsl
- Verify that selecting a new table clears the query string – yep
7:30 – 4:00
- Fixing bugs in Visibility::
- Clear the query when the tab becomes active. Lingering queries are messing with chart creation – done
- Change the classification banner to be sett in the setupxml file – done
- Add “Clear Query” Button to the details page – done
- Force the parent to be selected if the child is in in tree view (maybe set square gray?) – done
- “Set Query Builder is not setting the table in Basic, Details and Advanced – fixed
- Roles can’t be updated from Manager App – fixed?
- Need to have <node type=”value> elements inside <node type=”folder”> elements. Which means that we needto look up the tree until we hit a column – done
- Make sure that Validate clears the query tree – done
7:30 – 4:30
- Spent most of the day at S2f. Prepped for the demo – basically building up the XML tree, then the meeting started late, then the meeting took forever. Pat seems happy though. Here’s a list of things to fix:
- Clear the query when the tab becomes active. Lingering queries are messing with chart creation
- Change the classification banner to be sett in the setupxml file
- Add “Clear Query” Button to the details page
- Force the parent to be selected if the child is in in tree view (maybe set square gray?)
- “Set Query Builder is not setting the table in Basic, Details and Advanced
- Roles can’t be updated from Manager App
- Need to have <node type=”value> elements inside <node type=”folder”> elements. Which means that we needto look up the tree until we hit a column
- Make sure that Validate clears the query tree
- Dong has everything but the communication with the corporate repo working…
7:30 – 3:30
- Morning meeting with John W and Mike C about prodicing data that Pat likes. Mike should have the new format for me by this afternoon. I’ll ingest tomorrow morning.
- Gave up on trying to get FlexBuilder to show the MvnAssist plugin. Going to try to use the FlexBuilder plugins within a new Eclipse instance. The nice thing is that this should let the whole project live in one editor. Done and working
7:30 – 5:00
- Deployed new version. Checked to see that the XML could be modified in the details view, but didn’t do a full change, since the tables will probably change soon
- Had a talk with Mike C. He should have the new data running soon
- Tried to get FlexBuilder to recognise the MvnAssist plugin.
- Tried dropping the jar in the plugin directory – nope
- Tried dropping the jar in the Users/phil.feldman/Documents/FlexBuilder 3/configuration/plugins directory – nope
- Tried wrappingthe plugin in a feature and then placing that into an update site, which FlexBuilder connected to and loaded, but the plugin does not show under the “Views…” popup