Monthly Archives: November 2013
8:00 – 10:30 SR
- Paperwork – finally worked out the receipts from the YUIconf trip.
10:00 – 4:00 FP
- Checked to see if learning time made was significant. Nope.
- Make any changes to Ravi’s paper
- Change all references to “normalized” reaction times to “percentage”. Hopefully that will be more clear.
- Cut down paper to 6 (CHI WIP format) and 2 page (Haptics or 3DUI?) versions.
- If the office is open, run ANOVA on the time-to-learn (session 2 – session 1)
8:00 – 4:00 SR
- One day the sky will be blue again…
- Deployed new FA
- Got completely flummoxed about why the year-summing query is misbehaving. Numerous attempts to fix, with no joy. Dong’s going to mull this one over the holiday
- Working on iterating over sub-budget centers to write out correct data. Once that’s working, I start on screwing it up.
- Committed date(s)
- Committed amount(s)
- Obligation date(s)
- Obligation amount(s)
- Expensed date(s)
- Expensed amount(s)
- Iterate over all SBCs and add lines from SBCs that have their project set.
- A random number of rows >= 1 gets returned. Data is synthesized from the ObligationOutlays class.
- Done and running. Need to make a little more general. Right now there are only two rows per type – an entry from halfway from today to the beginning of teh project and an entry from last week.
- deployed new FA/RA
- outlay not adding up from the previous year
- add Total Funded to Project Mgmt Panel
- working on FA
- query to update second year of Outlays
- UPDATE obligations_outlays o1,
(SELECT month_12 FROM obligations_outlays oo2 WHERE type = ‘Outlay $ (Reported in FACTS)’ AND year_count = 1
AND o1.funding_id = o2.funding_id AND o1.project_id = o2.project_id
) AS o2
SET o1.month_1 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_1,
o1.month_2 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_2,
o1.month_3 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_3,
o1.month_4 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_4,
o1.month_5 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_5,
o1.month_6 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_6,
o1.month_7 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_7,
o1.month_8 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_8,
o1.month_9 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_9,
o1.month_10 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_10,
o1.month_11 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_11,
o1.month_12 = o2.month_12 + o1.month_12
WHERE type = ‘Outlay $ (Reported in FACTS)’
AND (year + year_count) <= (IF(MONTH(CURDATE()) > 9, YEAR(CURDATE()) + 2, YEAR(CURDATE()) + 1))
AND year_count = 2
8:00 – 5:00 SR
- Deployed new FA, RA, RQ swfs, RQ jar and some additional sql for queries and Reqonciler
- Looks like I lost one of my access privileges. Hopefully this will be fixed before I loose access to the servers…
- Meeting with Chris
- PM Actuals are vanishing from the database. For John Parker, at least….
- Needed to have the following jars to make this java->excel example run:
- Working on writing to cells next – Done. The CognosRowObject class will contain and write out values for a Cognos.xslx file.
- Currently writing out random data. Need to get the data from the projects next.
- deployed new RA
- verified that Fiscal Year is the cause of the incorrect outlay/obligations import…..
- fixed login id not showing in RA
- reworked views and update obligation/outlay queries for the Fiscal Year!
- added ReqView in QueryBuilder – double clicking shows the requisition details, removed the project view
- removed Upload COGNOS data button – use Reqonciler!
- modified the FA server code to keep upload history – FinancialAssistant.jar
8:00 – 3:00 SR
- Deployed new RA
- Finally got all the variations that affect whether values are loaded into ObligationOutlays. It turns out that there are 24 unique states. Yikes!
- Adding excel output. Starting with ApachePOI, which may be overkill. Here are some useful links:
- Got the libraries in and linking, with a “do-nothing” framework that should write out a file basedon the first bullet above. Turns out that I needed poi.jar and poi-ooxml.jar
- continue working on FA/RA
- added ReqDetailsWindow – show Requisition Details and financial data
- successfully ingested test data from Phil’s code
- added Portfolio Admins to view data in Requisition Assistant
- working on COGNOS ingest queries
8:00 – 5:00 SR
- Move back into the office
- Add date handling based on project start and whether current ObligationOutlay.value(type) is at total budget. Done.
- Project SQL output testing – done
- Start cognos spreadsheet outputs
- The portfolio managers on the project information tab should see all the requisitions (in RA) that are behind that project (High Priority)
- Need to list what users are active, and what roles they have (Can just be a query)
- Purge users that are not assigned to a project or requisition.
- Because of the Cognos line matching algorithm, should we be only pulling the minimum columns?
- There can be multiple projects per sub-budget center.
- new Furniture!
- working on Reqonciler
- trouble-shooting incorrect ingest… changed budget_center to sub_budget_center in post-processing query
- added update obligations and outlays queries to the post processing
8:00 – 4:00 SR
- One month to go until the days start getting longer
- New furniture
- Need to change column names in vis export so that there are no spaces (special characters) in the column names. Underscores should be used to match ingestor.