Monthly Archives: February 2014
- deployed new FA and query updates, everything seemed well until…. found that the fiscal year in obligations/outlay gets messed up when the data spans over one year. will need to separate the obligations / outlays
- created four new views…
- __view_monthly_obligations_by_contract, __view_monthly_outlays_by_contract, __view_monthly_obligations_by_req_id, __view_monthly_outlays_by_req_id
- updating post-processing queries – done
- found some lingering (ghost) summary data in budget_center_contracts table in my database, need to check it on-site to make sure it doesn’t get confused with others.
8:00 – 4:00 SR
- And, with a temp of 14 degrees, we say goodbye to February. Good riddance, I say.
- Deploying new FA and DB fix. Success!
- Meeting with Chris, Lenny and Dong
- Wrote status report for Tangie.
- Poked around with the slide show API and nver got it to work. After looking at how it’s handled in CSS, I realized that there just wasn’t that much code needed – just a timer and a way to fade in/out nodes in a list. YUI has that quite nicely and it only wound up being about 30 lines of code. It makes me want to do a Ken Burns effect slide show using the transition library, but that can wait until I get the basics up and running. Next scrolling text. I think this might be fun to use: http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/scrollview/scrollview-scroll.html. It’s also touch compatible, which is nice.
- deployed new FA/Reqonciler with new query for Planned Outlays… everything is well
- Lenny reported that some Obligations are not imported
- found fiscal year is set to NULL in views – __view_monthly_obligations_outlays_by_contract
- view definition looks at the date from expensed date, need to look at obligation date as well
- modified the view to examine both expensed and obligation dates for fiscal year – this would resolve the second year problem as well?
- IF(ISNULL(if((month(MAX(`cc`.`expensed_date`)) > 9),(year(MAX(`cc`.`expensed_date`)) + 1),year(MAX(`cc`.`expensed_date`)))),
if((month(MAX(`cc`.`obligation_date`)) > 9),(year(MAX(`cc`.`obligation_date`)) + 1),year(MAX(`cc`.`obligation_date`))),
if((month(MAX(`cc`.`expensed_date`)) > 9),(year(MAX(`cc`.`expensed_date`)) + 1),year(MAX(`cc`.`expensed_date`)))) AS fiscal_year,
- Funding Description in FA is disabled – fixed
- new Query for Lenny/Chris – will try to implement it on-site tomorrow morning
- Capability, Budget Center, Req ID, Req Title, Req Funded Amount, Current Month Outlay Plan, Current Month PM Actuals, Difference (in $) between Outlay Plan and PM Actuals, Difference (in %) between Outlay Plan and PM Actuals
8:00 – 3:00 SR
- DB fixes
- Deployed new Reqonciler and FA.
3:00 – 4:00 All hands
8:30 – 4:30 SR
- Lovely traffic today. Took twice as long to get to work. I think I averaged a hair over 20 mph.
- Looks like I missed registering a site. Fixed.
- It’s possible that this is a result of the stylesheet not working correctly. The buttons don’t look right.
- And it’s ridiculously slow in IE. looking for some drawing/animation libraries. These all work in IE 8 with reasonable performance
- So the question is, can this be fixed? I’m going to try to bring up a new instance of YUI3 and point at it explicitly. Regardless, let’s see if I can get the rest of all these pieces working together.
- Working on improving performance. Got the Math.sqrt out of all the force calculations. Now I need to see if that helped. I fear that mostly it’s drawing speed.
- Something to test
- snow! again! working at home
- added where config to queryBuilderConfig.xml and modified to QueryBuilder code to read the config….
- added currency fields in queryBuilderConfig.xml
- set query name when saving existing query in QueryBuilder
- changed Spark DataGrid to Advanced DataGrid in pre-processing to support multi-columns sorting
- changed Col Pref window to ResizableWindow
- added multiple selection support in Claimed/Unclaimed contracts
8:00 – 5:00 SR
- Deployed some new SQL. Lenny found a couple of bugs, but not too bad. Dong has notes, but he went home because it’s his birthday. Some people. Jeez.
- More inevitable server paperwork.
- You would think that drawing and clearing lines would be easy. Nope. For some reason, YUI Path.clear() does not clear in all conditions. If I draw the line on each frame, everything’s fine. If I draw a line occasionally, it stays. I wound up just calling moveTo() if there was no line, which works.
- Added the ability to anchor a shape. Physics don’t work on it. Also got drag and drop to work with that.
- Test this
- deployed to new query, query config…
missing some details in where clause
- some notes
add saved name when updating a query
- 2nd year Obligation/Outlays not updating properly
bigger col prefs
multiple contracts selection in unclaimed/claimed
- separate pre-processing for FY13/FY14
enable multi-column sort in Reqonciler
- add Expensed Date in Duplicate Expensed Amount > 0 pre-processing query
8:00 – 4:00 SR
- Copied all the webapps and data from the production machine to the test machine.
- More server paperwork.
- Make the controls a pop-up panel. Got stuck on getting a button to work in the graphics container. It looks like all mouse events are being trapped. Was able to add the button to a new wrapper around the control container. Using that I’m able to fade the controls in and out.
- Build a multi-part network for more testing will all connections.
- Progress for today
- working on the query for Lenny/Chris
- capability AS Capability, bcc.budget_center_name AS ‘Budget Center’, req_id AS ‘Req ID’, req_description AS ‘Req Title’, vrt.req_id_total AS ‘Req Funded Amount’,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_1,0)) AS ‘Oct 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_2,0)) AS ‘Nov 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_3,0)) AS ‘Dec 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_4,0)) AS ‘Jan 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_5,0)) AS ‘Feb 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_6,0)) AS ‘Mar 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_7,0)) AS ‘Apr 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_8,0)) AS ‘May 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_9,0)) AS ‘Jun 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_10,0)) AS ‘Jul 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_11,0)) AS ‘Aug 14′,
SUM(IF(o.type=’Planned Outlay $:’,month_12,0)) AS ‘Sep 14’
WHERE fiscal_year = 2014
GROUP BY capability, req_id
- getting the second year will be tricky….