8:00 – VTX
- Created new versions of the Friday crawl scheduler, one for GOV, one for ORG.
- The gap between inaccurate viral news stories and the truth is 13 hours, based on this paper: Hoaxy – A Platform for Tracking Online Misinformation
- Here’s a rough list on why UGC stored in a graph might be the best way to handle the BestPracticesService.
- Self generating, self correcting information using incentivized contributions (every time a page you contributed to is used, you get money/medals/other…)
- Graph database, maybe document elements rather than documents
BPS has its own network, but it connects to doctors and possibly patients (anonymized?) and their symptoms.
- Would support Results-driven medicine from a variety of interesting dimensions. For example we could calculate the best ‘route’ from symptoms to treatment using A*. Conversely, we could see how far from the optimal some providers are.
- Because it’s UGC, there can be a robust mechanism for keeping information current (think Wikipedia) as well as handling disputes
- Could be opened up as its own diagnostic/RDM tool.
- A graph model allows for easy determination of provenience.
- A good paper to look at: http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/6/2/492/htm. One of the social sites it looked at was Medscape, which seems to be UGC
- Got the new Rating App mostly done. Still need to look into inbound links
- Updated the blacklists on everything