Monthly Archives: September 2016

Phil 9.30.16

7:00 – 4:00 ASRC

  • Got rid of the the old fgmdev blog name since I’ve had five company changes since then.
  • Had a good talk with Aaron
    • Delete ‘very’ from proposal
    • Make sure that since and because are used properly
    • Add some work to the lit review that describes the adjacency of the terms used in the lit review and how they connect.
      • Just tried it and the results are interesting, but I’m not sure that I’ll be able to fold them in by Tuesday. Send Aaron a note later today about that.

Phil 9.29.16

7:00 – ASRC

  • TODOs
  • Make a screenshot mockup of the news browser. Maybe use inkle or one of these as the basis? Or maybe an informatic based on something from facts are sacred? Also the electome dashboard when switched to news and some pix added.
  • Going to take some research hours and spend the day writing.

Phil 9.28.16

7:00 – 3:00, 4:00 – 5:00 ASRC

  • Pinged Aaron for his comments
  • Meeting with Wayne today
  • More TODOs
  • Finishing toXML and fromXML
  • Added a really cheap .equals() method
  • Changed the HashMaps to TreeMaps to make the equals less brittle.
  • Incorporated changes into CorpusGUI and LMN
  • Marti Hearst’s IR retrieval visualization

Phil 9.27.16

6:30 3:00 – ASRC

Phil 9.26.16

7:00 – 6:00ASRC

  • Need to bring the computer in today!
  • Register for EMNLP by the end of the week!
  • Working the TODOs – finished the conclusion of section 4
  • Expense report – submitted
  • Updated the CSEs
  • Fika and meeting with Wayne

Phil 9.23.16

6:00 – 3:00, 5:00-6:00ASRC

  • More TODOs – the ‘actions might speak louder than words’ section – in process
  • Met with Gregg and get the new terms into Talend. He’ll make the changes to the Talend job and send me some putative query strings to evaluate
  • Pushed the EMNLP 2016 conference request along a bit.
  • Working on the list of search items UI framework
    • How to build a JavaFx ListView (includes using components as list elements)
    • THe browser in JavaFX is regarded as a mobile brwer. Wonder if that is adjustable?
  • Tuning meeting with Gregg, Vinny, Theresa, Aaron & Andy
    • Different CSEs
    • Blacklists – should be on the CSE
    • Junk filter
  • Discussion with Aaron about WVM production

Phil 9.22.16

7:00 – 5:00 ASRC

  • More TODOs
  • Driving up to Wall for 1-2 meetings. Woohoo!
    • Working through the tags in the tool vs. the tags for the flags
    • Interactive topic modelling
    • Flag dismissals could be automated by statistically comparing the current page to the stored page. If they are substantially different then dismiss the flag.
    • Person yes/no/maybe
    • Flag dismissal invalid – irrelevant information/neutral – doesn’t map to a flag
    • Severity severe/caution/
    • comment out ‘dummy’ rows
    • Done
    • Asked Stan to do something about my memberships/tuitions.

Phil 9.21.16

ASRC 7:00- 4:30

  • Made two reservations this morning. One for the right day, one for the wrong. Hopefully the wrong one was successfully cancelled…
  • Back to the TODOs. Adding motivations for to chapter 4 Done. Need to add conclusions/future work?
  • Going to see how hard it is to add a web browser to the mockup today (WebView).
  • Tada!

ratingappbrowser

  • Need to add an url bar and start to look at the events that I can track. Got started. There are going to be Node level events and browser level events. Working on the loader which will handle clicked links as well as fwd and back.

Phil 9.20.16

7:00 – 5:00 ASRC

  • Incorporated Wayne’s email into the TODOs.
  • Working on the TODOs
  • Group polarization sequence. Added to section 3. Not sure if it works there, but I like the story it tells.

gp-sequence

  • Plan is to work with Aaron today? Back end design
  • Trying to get Illustrator installed, and having issues with Creative Cloud. Trying a reinstall. Slooooooooooooooooooow.
  • Creative Cloud reinstall worked. Downloading Illustrator
  • Finished data flows
  • Walked Aaron through Language Model apps
  • Spent the rest of the day working on a slide.

Phil 9.19.16

7:00 – 5:00 ASRC

  • Running through the TODOs
  • Fika
  • Meeting with Wayne. Nope, Shimei. Really good talk.
    • Instagram feeds of drug users have very little trolling. I wonder if this is because drugs are very unambiguous?
    • October 25th at noon is free now. Need to alert the committee.
    • EMNLP 2016 os a top tier conference. Need to register!
  • Settings page – and add login somewhere – Added
    • Settings are done. Soooooo dull.

settingspage

  • Oh boy – Angular 2.0 is out. Time to learn something new.
  • Discussion with Aaron about slides for NJ Thurs/Fri
  • Need to reserve a room: Hilton Honors ID: 284119021