7:00 – 4:00 ASRC
- Continuing Opinion Dynamics With Decaying Confidence: Application to Community Detection in Graphs. My notes are here.
- Clean data and apis from propublica
- Ulrich Krause
Professor of Mathematics, Bremen University
Positive dynamical systems, opinion dynamics, algebra
- Opinion dynamics and bounded confidence models, analysis, and simulation – looks incredibly clear and helpful.
- Opinion dynamics under the influence of radical groups, charismatic leaders, and other constant signals: A simple unifying model – derived from the above.
- From Is there negative social influence? Disentangling effects of dissimilarity and disliking on opinion shifts
- This finding implies for models of opinion dynamics that a complex non-linear social influence function might be unnecessary to characterize the relationship between similarity and opinion change. Our results suggest that not only for the sake of simplicity, but also for the sake of realism, model builders should be cautioned against resorting too readily to a more complex assumption than a simple linear influence function.
- I need to add recursion to the QueryComponent (content list and child list) and work through the combinations that way and get rid of the lists. Done! Had an issue with the BufferedWriter not flushing.
- BRC kickoff meeting
- Made a new arff for Aaron of the BRC doctor data I tagged. Should be enough for a starting junk filter.
- Finished the Utopian paper. Need to get up to speed on NMF.