7:00 – 8:00 Research
- Information ecology thoughts. A lot of what I am going can be framed from this perspective. Note that collective intelligence and knowledge ecosystem are referenced on the Wikipedia page
- Working on card
- Junk News and Bots during the U.S. Election: What Were Michigan Voters Sharing Over Twitter? And here’s the full paper.
- Reading the paper. This also makes me think about Kate Starbird‘s work. She frames her data looking at the Boston bombing, but if you look at Google trends, you’ll see that ‘False Flag’ goes at least as far back as the Aurora shootings. What I thought of as ‘patient zero’, gamergate, is later than both of those events:
8:30 – 4:00 BRC
- Running clustering on local machine.
- Need to add a stats DataFrame that has eps, min_size, c.num_clusters, c.get_num_clustered, c.get_num_items. Write that out at the end. Tomorrow
- Added reading of csv file and conversion to a DataFrame xlsx. Played around with that in Excel. Some nice results if I take the log of the value. Need to try clustering on that, but I want to add the stats output first
- Jonker-Volgenant Algorithm + t-SNE = Super Powers. THis could be a way of producing a map view for the research browser