7:00 – 8:00, 3:00 – 4:00 Research
- Continuing to tweak paper
- Starting Examining the Alternative Media Ecosystem through the Production of Alternative Narratives of Mass Shooting Events on Twitter
- From the introduction. Do I need something like this? Our contributions include an increased understanding of the underlying nature of this subsection of alternative media — which hosts conspiratorial content and conducts various anti-globalist political agendas. Noting thematic convergence across domains, we theorize about how alternative media may contribute to conspiratorial thinking by creating a false perception of information diversity.
- Conspiracy Theories
- A cool thing on explorers and veloviewer: Here’s an overview of the project
- Teaching abstract concepts to children and tweens (STEM)
- Cohesive understanding of science over time
- Wearable technology as the gateway for elementary-school-aged kids? Research shows that they find them valuable
- How are these attributes measured? <——-!!!!!!!
- Live visualization sensing and visualization
- Zephyr bioharness
- Gender/age differences? Augmented reality? Through-phone?
8:30 – 2:30 BRC
- Expense report! Done? Had to get a charge number, and re enter. Took forever.
- Found out that I’m getting a laptop rather than what I asked for
- Having John install Ubuntu and verify that multiple monitors work in Linux
- Helped Bob set up Git repo
- Still working on temporal coherence. Think I’ve figured out the logic. Now I need to set clusters in ClusterTimelines
- Learned how to do Enums in Python