7:00 – 8:30 Research
- Really tempted to call the HCIC poster ‘Precision and Recall Considered Harmful’. Maybe the CHIIR paper insted?
- Got a good deal of work done over the weekend. Here’s my latest abstract:
- Also made good progress on the poster. Will need to re-run the text for LMN -done:
- Sent both mockups off to Wayne
- Anatomy of news consumption on Facebook
- In this paper, we explore the anatomy of the information space on Facebook by characterizing on a global scale the news consumption patterns of 376 million users over a time span of 6 y (January 2010 to December 2015). We find that users tend to focus on a limited set of pages, producing a sharp community structure among news outlets. We also find that the preferences of users and news providers differ. By tracking how Facebook pages “like” each other and examining their geolocation, we find that news providers are more geographically confined than users. We devise a simple model of selective exposure that reproduces the observed connectivity patterns.
9:00 – 4:00 BRI
- Send T my schedule – done
- Clustering has been kicked under the bus. Need to respond, but also look for new work? Working on that with Aaron.
- I’m getting a ’99’ charge number for research.
- Helping Aaron put his accounts back together
- Meeting with Chris Y, T, Aaron and me
- How do we segment off the Aaron/Phil work
- Figure out BRC and tell them they’re wrong? How to make this about success?
- Fixed a bug with CorpusManager where the code broke it the kept percent is 100%