7:00 – 8:00 Research
- Nice trip back from the conference. I think my take home messages are:
- What I’m working on is non-obvious
- Agent-based simulation is becoming a norm in this field
- Creating a useful knowledge map makes sense to everyone(?) working in the field
- The concept of explore, flock, and stampede have good resonance
- Gate-keeping in agent design/distribution and information retrieval are SERIOUS problems
- Brought in the code that I wrote on the laptop. Compiles and runs nicely
- Creating a poster (24×36) version of the PosterPage. Also creating a dual-sided handout. Done, and sent out for printing.
- Ordered a poster tube with strap
8:30 – 3:30 BRC
- Expense Report. Done. Maybe? The app doesn’t take street address without barfing. May have to go back in and re-edit? Or is that only for mileage?
- Continue to work on setting up Linux Python/Tensorflow env
- Got IntelliJ up, but had to point at the ‘Development’ files for windows due to the crippling download rates.
- Apparently we have new data on CI. Recluster?
- Then I let Windows update and everything stopped. Went home to continue
- Installing python
- Installing Java
- Installing xampp
- Register van – done!