7:00 – 5:00 ASRC MKT
- Add something about a population of ants – done
- Add loaders for the three populations, and then one for trajectories
- Promoted WeightWidget to JavaUtils
- Moving 3d and UI building out of start
- Ugh, new IntelliJ
- Made the graph pieces selectable
- Got drawmode (LINE) working
- Reading in trajectories
- Need to load each as a child and then draw all of them first, then make that selectable. Done!
- Go over draft with Aaron. Hand off for rewrite 1? Nope – family emergency
- 2:00 meeting with Aaron and IC team? Nope
- Intro to deep learning course from MIT: introtodeeplearning.com
- An introductory course on deep learning methods with applications to machine translation, image recognition, game playing, image generation and more. A collaborative course incorporating labs in TensorFlow and peer brainstorming along with lectures. Course concludes with project proposals with feedback from staff and panel of industry sponsors.
- Topics, Events, Stories in Social Media
- This thesis focuses on developing methods for social media analysis. Specifically, five directions are proposed here: 1) semi-supervised detection for targeted-domain events, 2) topical interaction study among multiple datasets, 3) discriminative learning about the identifications for common and distinctive topics, 4) epidemics modeling for flu forecasting with simulation via signals from social media data, 5) storyline generation for massive unorganized documents.
- Communication by virus
- The standard way to think about neurons is somewhat passive. Yes, they can exciteor inhibit the neurons they communicate with but, at the end of the day, they are passively relaying whatever information they contain. This is true not only in biologicalneurons but also in artificial neural networks.