7:00 – 5:00 ASRC MKT
- Someone worked pretty hard on their April Fools joke
- Started cleaning up my TF Dev Conf notes. Need to fill in speaker’s names and contacts – done
- Contact Keith Bennet about “pointing” logs – done
- Started editing the SASO flocking paper. Call is April 16!
- Converted to LaTex and at 11 pages
- But first – expense report…. Done! Forgot the parking though. Add tomorrow!
- Four problems for news and democracy
- To understand these four crises — addiction, economics, bad actors and known bugs — we have to look at how media has changed shape between the 1990s and today. A system that used to be linear and fairly predictable now features feedback loops that lead to complex and unintended consequences. The landscape that is emerging may be one no one completely understands, but it’s one that can be exploited even if not fully understood.
- Humanitarianism’s other technology problem
- Is social media affecting humanitarian crises and conflict in ways that kill people and may ultimately undermine humanitarian response?Fika. Meeting with Wajanat Friday to go over paper