Category Archives: GWT Client
8:00 – 4:00 ESSO
- Put in the paperwork for an URN
- Pinged the Morpheus folks to see how we can integrate
- Working on tracking down bugs and coloring lines
- Discussed how to add SQL stored(?) procedures to VSS with Dong.
- Need an editor to create and name scripts
- Need some kind of macro substitution
- Some of this is available in the dbObjects in JavaUtils and FGMUtils, using the classes that I wrote to create databases that map to Flex objects.
- Fixed the bug that was crashing the column rendering in WidgetBase by adding a try/catch block and resetting the array of visibile columns. Not pretty, but it works.
- Still trying to figure out how to change the color of a line. This seems to be the way: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-7c52.html
8:00 – 2:00 ESSO
- GWT Chapter 2
- Installing Web development tools in Eclipse. I need an HTML editor!
- The Juno Web Page Editor is quite nice. WYSIWYG, with linking (highlights) between the source and the rendered page. Design and preview tabs.
- Progress meeting at 10:00 – nope, cancelled for an impromptu sometime next week.
- GWT Chapter 3
8:00 – 4:00 ESSO
- No problems with the deployed system. Made backups and left. Export control from noon till 1:30 today.
- GWT chapter 2
8:00 – 2:00 ESSO
- Back from vacation! Pix are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21701734@N04/sets/72157631554682788/
- Deployed Dong’s new PA, and made a new DB. Need to add that to the bcakups, but no rush. Right now it just has test data in it.
- General client coordination. No fires. Yay!
- Installing updates to every Adobe product, so no Flashbuilder for a while
- Going to start on GWT Alert app
- Yay! Updates are done
- Not quite. Needed to update Java and change the environment variables too.
- Ok, *now* I’m back to GWT. Reviewing up to Chapter 2.
2:00 – 4:00 FP
8:00 – 3:00 ESSO
- Deployed new versions of PPM and PA. With bonus fixes – go, Dong!
- Made a new script that produced a table of users for the pre FY13 data for visualization
- Deployed test GWT code on the integration server. Works with Firefox and IE7 including server access, so we’re good.
- Helped Jessica with her pursuit of various roles.
8:30 – 2:30 ESSO
- Found out the bug with the VSS facade. Some jar files were missing. Not tested yet, but I’ll try tomorrow morning
- Looks like Alerts are next on the agenda of new code development. I’d like to do this in GWT, but we need to see if that will run on our servers
- Working on GWT, with an eye towards making the Alert Manager
- Creates scripts using drag and drop that are then run by the Scripting Engine
- Created alerts are visible in PPM and PA
- Hooks for email support. We can at least show that running off of fgmdev, and maybe the PROD machines will let us do that?
2:30 – 4:30 FP
8:30 – 4:40 ESSO
- Meeting about staffing.
- Adding the test servlet and filter back to VSS. Something’s still not right. I need to check that the filter facade is behaving correctly.
- Rebuilt the GWT intro app, but with the default code. That works, so the browser plugins are working too.
- started on Project Assistant GWT Application using Ext GWT
- working on login/user interface using Hibernate and RequestFactory.
- got GWTRequestFactory working with hibernate JPA..
- to create GWT Request Factory with Hibernate…
- create a domain model class, e.g., Person.java
- create a server service class that contains EntityManagerFactory, e.g., PersonService.java
- create a service locator class that extends Locatorr<T, ID>, e.g., PersonLocator.java
- create a proxy interface in Client that extends EntityProxy and defines ProxyFor, e.g., PersonProxy
- create a request interface that extends RequestContext and defines service, e.g, PersonRequest
- create a request factory interface that initialize the request in step 5, e.g., PersonRequestFactory
- create a persistence.xml that defines database properties and object relation mappings
- create a orm.xml that defines entities used in persistence.xml
- Mavenized Project Manager GWT App
- cleaned up lots of codes
- Added client/server logger
- fixed Server Logger not filtering correctly (SmartGWT problem?)