7:00 – ASRC MKT
- Asked Wayne yesterday if I could have a desk in the HCC lab, since I’m going to Columbia for no good reason these days.
- In support of this, got my laptop updated with code bases, PHP, database, etc.
- Working on getting up the motivation to start combining the db and code pieces. So as a way of avoiding this, tweaked the CHIIR DC submission by using part of my abstract from the HCIC poster and using that browser mockup instead of the one that I put together the other day. I’m conflicted in that it has a word cloud, but I could argue that a word cloud is a reasonable boundary object for someone glancing through the papers and looking at the pictures. I also fixed the populations chart so that the terms line up with the simulation screenshots.
- The RedBeanPHP file didn’t make it into subversion, so I downloaded it at home, verified that everything runs and committed it in the right place.
- Ok, I think the plan will be to write a test harness that produces a threaded discussion with multiple users and votes for a solution that writes into the DB and is then able to retrieve the thread. To do that I’m going to need one-to-many and many-to-one, so I need to read more of the RedBeanPHP docs